Notice: add_custom_background is deprecated since version 3.4! Use add_theme_support( 'custom-background', $args ) instead. in /home/mcdonald/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3079
Notify your attorney if something interrupts your pay and payments to the Trustee

Notice: get_theme_data is deprecated since version 3.4! Use wp_get_theme() instead. in /home/mcdonald/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3079

Payment Interruptions

It is extremely important for you to notify your attorney if something interrupts your pay and makes it impossible for you to make payments to the Trustee. In some cases, adjustments may be made on payments to prevent undue hardship. Whether or not you will be able to adjust your plan payments will depend on how long your plan has been running and on the kinds of creditors you have. If you require a permanent payment adjustment, contact your attorney to review and revise your plan.

If a payment is missed: The plan will not work if payments are not received. If you have an interruption in employment, please contact the Trustee’s Office immediately. Keeping the Trustee informed can possibly avoid the filing of a motion to dismiss your case.

If you are laid off, on strike or on sick leave: Payments are still due, even if you are on vacation, sick, on strike or laid off. Contact the Trustee’s Office immediately and make arrangements to pay something directly until you return to work, even if it is not a full payment. Keep records of the payments made, and upon your return to work, remit direct payments in addition to your regular payments to cure the default.

If your income is reduced: Contact your attorney immediately. He or she may be able to modify your plan to lower your payments. The Trustee’s Office has no authority to let you miss a payment or to allow you to pay less than the required amount. Only the court can do so in response to a motion filed by your attorney. If your attorney files such a motion, do not change or stop payments until you receive a signed order from the court allowing you to do so. This could take up to 30 days.